10th stage: Eirexe-Arzua (35 km trails, tot. 256, hours of washing 6-15). When they tell you that in Galicia there is an Atlantic climate, do not be fooled dall'eufemismo. In Galicia there is a climate of shit. Since I am here I have not seen the sun for more than fifteen minutes in a row.
After a restless sleep and repeatedly interrupted by a English girl (in this regard see what was written yesterday, by amending paragraph 4: "do not go to Santiago in a group and do not carry brats"), after a night of little rest, I said, this morning I get up early with the intention to 22 km up to Melide. It's raining. Sometimes it rains hard. Insufficient extension of my k-way, which is not enough to cover me and my backpack, plus the spectacular failure of a system for anchoring a sleeping bag, I fell again and it opens. What comes to Melide Mox is a soggy, and not in a good mood.
It still does not know that waits another surprise: a Melide is a feast day for whatever fucking patron saint, the Alberg is full (see why i hate the real pilgrims pseudopellegrini the last hundred miles?) And pensions is not the place to pay even gold. Note that when I get to Melide are not only soaked, almost empty stomach: stomach I have a bagel, a croissant and a caffelatte. Ma non ho scelta, devo proseguire fino al prossimo rifugio che si trova, escludendo hotel e pensioni a prezzi non popolari, a 12 km. Altre tre ore di cammino prima di poter mangiare un panino con tortilla, lavarmi, crollare sfinito e constatare quant'è bagnato all'interno il sacco a pelo.
Per la cronaca, è tanto bagnato.
Mancano una quarantina di chilometri a Santiago.
0 comments:
Post a Comment